Friday, April 12, 2013

Sowing Seeds of Fire


From Henry’s Desk

 

-the sower went out to sow …

 

-bored people are dangerous people …

 

If we learn from our mistakes, then I am learned.

If we grow through adversity, then I am growed.

If we are what we eat, then I am sweet.

If we are what we think, then I am a mess.
 
           -henry

 

I am not impressive, but on the other hand, I’m not impressed with myself.  I am impressed with ONE person, He is Jesus Christ, Son of God/Son of Man.  Not to be understood so much as to be experienced. 

 Kind of like a “fireball”, from my childhood.  This was a hard candy ball, red and very hot on the outside, and cool and sweet on the inside.  To be told about is was one thing, but to suck on one was quite another.

The red outside was unbelievably hot and hard to take, while the white inside was incredibility cool and sweet.  It was well worth the time and heat to get to the inside. 

Of course, there were some who would never open it up, not even considering what it had to offer.  And some would pop it in their mouths, and then spit it out, unable to endure the heat.  There were others who tried just licking the fireball, but their real desire was the sweet without the heat.

And there were some who paid the price willing to make a sacrifice

They endured to the end and their comfort did not defend

Willing to live, willing to die, and willing to die to live again

Are you bored?  Go experience a fireball.

1 comment:

Blurbs by Brenda said...

Mmmmmmmm.....fireballs got me through college. I use to eat them while I studied.