Saturday, March 15, 2008

Steering Lesson



Then they were quite willing and glad for Him to come into the boat. And now the boat went at once to the land they had steered toward. [And immediately they reached the shore toward which they had been slowly making their way.]
(Jn 6:21 AMP)

The other evening the family and I went to the grocery store, pure adventure for the kids My son decided nothing would do except that he push the shopping cart. The last time I let him push the cart, he all of a sudden did a 180 with it and took off at high speed. Having learned from that experience (me, not him), I knew it would be needful for me to keep my hands on the cart and steer it.

Wow! What an adventure! He rocketed along at excessive speed while I tried to slow the pace, miss other shoppers and displays, steer in the direction we were supposed to be going, make stops so my wife could stock the cart, and all the while act like I was the one in control!

In the middle of it all I had a thought. Well, actually I had a lot of thoughts, but this one might have value. My thought was something along the lines of “Wow, this must be what it is like for God sometimes when He is guiding me.”

He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
(Ps 23:3 NASB)

No comments: