Sunday, March 9, 2008

John Dixon Wilson

Born December 12, 1919
Crossed Over March 2, 2008

The Passing Of John

For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task? (2 Cor 2:15-16)

John is surrounded by life as he is passing from life to Life. The sounds of family life fill the air around him. Those he loves, sit and love him. Those he used to stroke, now stroke him. He may be passing from this earth, but the earth has been changed by his love. Generations surround him who have been effected by his love. Loved ones celebrate his love, and loved ones who have passed over await his arrival. John won’t need his wheel chair anymore - he will be able to soar. He will live above, yet he shall live on in the hearts of those he loved and those who love him. We are his legacy, the fruit of his life.

Let us remember the words of Micah 6:8

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

John’s Poem

My family and friends got to say goodbye
I saw my children’s faces one more time
I held hands with my Rosa who was at my side
Yes, we all got to say goodbye

Preparations were made for me to pass
And my body prepared for the grave
All was quiet in the room as I left
And I was free at last

Family and friends were waiting for me
Here and the other side
One group waiting with me to pass
The other for me to arrive

Don’t mourn for me that I have passed
For I am looking into the face of Christ
It was worth all that has been
For I am with Him at last

Yes, we all got to say goodbye
And then I was free at last
There were others waiting for me to arrive
And I’m with Jesus at last

No comments: