Thursday, January 24, 2008

Look Unto Me

“Look to Me, and be saved.” (Is 45:22)

Looking Up

Lord, You’ve given me so much - so much that I can’t even see You anymore! Maybe I should stop looking at all the good things You’ve give me. Maybe I should set all this stuff aside and just start looking for You. (from Jan 22 of Jesus Wants All of Me)

WHAT AM I LOOKING AT?

Do we expect God to come to us with His blessings and save us? He says - Look unto Me, and be saved. The great difficulty spiritually is to concentrate on God, and it is His blessings that make it difficult. Troubles nearly always make us look to God; His blessings are apt to make us look elsewhere. The teaching of the Sermon on the Mount is, in effect - Narrow all your interests until the attitude of mind and heart and body is concentration on Jesus Christ. "Look unto Me." (from Jan 22 of My Utmost For His Highest)

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. (Col 3:11-3 NIV) (Emphasis mine)

God is always previous, God is always there first, and if you have any desire for God, and for the things of God, it is God himself who put it there.- A. W. Tozer

No comments: