Thursday, January 3, 2008

Excitement Shows

I was reading Arthur’s New Puppy to my son last night when the following dialog caught my attention:

Arthur held Pal carefully, the way his puppy book showed.

“Look, he’s so excited,” said Arthur

“Look at your pants,” said DW. “You have excitement all over them.”

One thing I got out of this, besides a good laugh, was that excitement shows. People are going to know when we are excited and what we are excited about. Our excitement can be contagious, and will touch others. Therefore, what excites us is of importance, because it will effect others. Taking this thought a bit farther, those that are around us will be able to tell what it is that excites us most in life. May the great excitement of our lives be of great value.

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it. (Mt 13:45-46)
------------------------------------------------------------------

But thou, O LORD, art a shield about me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. (Ps 3:3 ERV)

Father, no matter what today brings,
Be it things that are hard,
You are a shield about me.
Be it things that are good,
It is You who are my glory.
Be it things that take me down,
You are the lifter of my head.
Be it things that life me up,
You alone are the lifter of my head.

A Shield About Me
Thou, O Lord, art a shield about me,
You're my glory and the lifter of my head
Thou, O Lord, art a shield about me,
You're my glory and the lifter of my head
Hal-le-lu-jah, Hal-le-lu-jah,Hal-le-lu-jah,
You're the lifter of my head
Hal-le-lu-jah, Hal-le-lu-jah,Hal-le-lu-jah,
You're the lifter of my head
©1980 Spoone Music. Words & Music by Donn Thomas and Charles Williams

No comments: