Sunday, January 27, 2008

God Is Light

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. (1 Jn 1:5)

As soon as you see daylight, begin to pray in this manner: O Lord You are the greatest and most authentic Light. The light of this day comes from You. O Light, You lighten everyone in this world! O Light, You know no night or evening! It is always midday with You. Without You all is darkness. Enlighten my mind. Let me see only the things that please You. Blind me to all else. Grant that I may walk in Your ways and find light in nothing else. -John Bradford: Daily Meditations

But the path of the righteous is like the light of dawn, That shines brighter and brighter until the full day. (Prov 4:18)

For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. (Ps 18:28)

No comments: