Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Many Nations

After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and all tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches were in their hands; (Rev 7:9)

Sunday I visited a local church that was different than the one I had been visiting. As I set there in my chair I looked about and I saw not many who were like me. I wasn't necessarily comfortable but I really liked being with people who were different than me.

God calls people who are different than one another, diverse from one another, to be in community with one another. He doesn't necessarily call people who are alike to come together and be comfortable in their alikeness.

"Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD. 11 "Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you. 12 The LORD will inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land and will again choose Jerusalem. 13 Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling." (Zech 2:10)

No comments: