Thursday, April 5, 2007

Looking Back

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them (Isa 6:20). Yesterday morning I was reading in Isaiah and came to this verse. I remember the first time this verse arrested me. It was about 18-20 years ago. My first thoughts back then, along with a feeling of self-justification, were, "Yea Lord, there's a bunch of people out there who don't speak in agreement with your Word!" Following that thought I was filled with conviction concerning how often my own words were not in agreement with the Word of God. Again this morning I re-read the above scripture. I looked back over the years, and I would have thought:
  • I'd have come much farther in this area than in actuallity I have.
  • That I would speak more life words than I do.
  • That I would speak less death words than I do.
  • That I would use my words more to help others become who they are in Christ.

I looked back at what Isaiah said in chapter 6:5-7, - Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts. Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar: And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

In verses 5-7 he is given a revelation of (from) God, then comes repentance, forgiveness, and cleansing, followed by separation and commissioning in verses 8 & 9.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. And he said, Go, and tell ...

May the words of our mouths and the meditations of our hearts be pleasing to God.

No comments: