Monday, August 19, 2013

I Don’t Look Good Naked Anymore


Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.   (2 Cor 4:16, NKJV)

My brother sent me a song via email the other day. It was called “I Don’t Look Good Naked Anymore.” I listened to it a couple times and emailed it to a few friends, and pondered it a bit. 

I can still remember the first time I got out of a shower and didn’t recognize the back I saw in the mirror. It was not skinny like the one I was used to, it even had a couple rolls of fat on it. I couldn’t hardly believe it was mine.

Then came the times folks would take pictures and I would catch a camera’s eye view of myself.  Wow, my body was starting to go...and grow.  This song really catches all of that.

If there is something we can know for sure, our bodies are in the process of dying.  Some folks spend a lot of money trying to stay looking young, fit and trim and, let’s face it, we would all like to look good.

Now, just as sure as our bodies (outer man) are dying, our inner man is being renewed day by day.  Every day out inner man is filled with life, rejuvenated, and made vibrant.  As we seek God and live for Him, He endows our inner man with His life giving spirit. Now, there is only so much we can do about the ageing process of our outer man, but we can joyously submit ourselves to the life giving power of God on a regular basis and join with Him in the renewing process of our inner man.

And while I enjoyed the song “I Don’t Look Good Naked Anymore”, I am not all hung up about how it is going with my body. I would like to take the song a bit farther though, because not only do I not look good naked anymore, I never really did...that’s what clothes are for.

No comments: