Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reality Check

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. (Ps 23:1) Not because there is nothing I want. Not because of how I feel. Not because of what I see around me. Not because of who or who not is in my life. Not because of my home, my job, or my friends. Not because of what I am or am not involved in. Not because of my heritage. Not because of where I live, Not because of how much or how little I have in my life. Not because of education or lack there of. Not because of full bank accounts. Not because of family. Not because of what I have or don't have. Not because or health, wealth, or power. Not because of anything I have or don't have of what this world has to offer.  It is because of a higher truth than what I see and experience in the natural realm. I lack nothing because the Lord God Almighty is my Shepherd and none is as capable as Him. So, if I am feeling or sensing a lack, I remind myself of my true reality - The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.

No comments: