Sunday, October 14, 2007

SPIDER WEBS!

Spider Webs! I couldn’t believe my ears! He just told me I was caught in the spider webs of life! That is not what I wanted to hear! I wish I had said it to him!

Some people, when they complain about things in their life get the “poor baby” routine or the “everything’s going to work out alright.” Not me! I never have! People have always seemed compelled to tell me the truth about myself!

Of course, I looked at some things about spider webs, and some possible meanings in reference to life, God, and church. I didn’t like any of it at all! It was all bad! I wouldn’t mind referring that way to some one else’s life but not my own! I’m not even going to tell you about some of the stuff I found!

Do you remember what it is like to walk through a spider web? It totally distracts you from what ever you were doing and you just want to get it off. Being as spider webs are sticky, this is easier said than done, and the whole time you are imagining a spider heading for you.

The purpose of a spider web is to trap or ensnare. It is sticky and holds its prey tight until the spider moves in for the kill. There really isn’t much about a spider web that I like.

I would liken the “spider webs of life” to the thorns found in Mark 4:18-19.

“Now these are the ones sown among thorns; they are the ones who hear the word, and the cares of this world, the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things entering in choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.”

It doesn’t take any explaining to understand what this verse is talking about, nor what in this context the “spider webs of life” are.

Is there anything in your life that is choking and inhibiting the Word and Life of God in you? Is there anything that is distracting you from the purpose of God in your life? Is there anything holding you tight that you can’t seem to get free from?

Realize what is happening,
Refocus on God’s purpose for your life
Realign yourself with the Word of God

Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For everything in the world—the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he has and does—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. (Jn 2:15-17).

No comments: